LYS Beauty Courage No Limits Matte BronzerLYS Beauty Courage No Limits Matte Bronzer ($18.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with muted, warmer golden undertones and a matte finish. It seemed to apply a shade darker and look warmer on my skin tone, as the golden undertone didn’t seem as obvious (as it appeared a little reddish). The product applied evenly to bare skin and blended out very easily.
It had opaque color coverage in a single layer, so it delivered much higher coverage than the “ultra-buildable” coverage marketed, so keep that in mind. The texture was soft, smooth, and lightly powdery in the pan, which felt a little drier to the touch; thankfully, it did not appear dry or dusty on my skin. This allowed the powder to easily be applied with a lighter hand for sheerer, more buildable coverage, if desired. There were signs of fading present after eight hours of wear.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (P, $30.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Princess Cut (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Canyon Dreamin’ (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- ILIA Novelty (P, $34.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Milani Sun Kissed (02) (P, $9.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Fiji (P, $17.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Teddy (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $68.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Bronze (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$18.00/0.23 oz. – $78.26 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “ultra-buildable” and be “easy-to-blend.” They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the softer consistency made it possible to pick up less product for an “ultra-buildable” application if desired. The texture felt velvety and finely-milled in the pan, but there was a little dryness, too. There was a bit of excess powder kicked up in the pan.
They applied better than anticipated, as the formula seemed to soften on my skin and did not appear dry. Most of the shades applied well over bare skin as well as over foundation, but I noticed the deeper shades were more blendable over a more matte finish, though, whether that meant matte foundation or over a setting powder, as they sometimes darkened or applied heavily to one area and did not blend out as readily from there. The bronzers wore well for eight hours on me overall.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty No Limits Matte Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecanol, Isononylisononanoate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol. May Contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 6 (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.