ColourPop Take the Cake Pressed Powder Blush ($8.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a brighter, medium pink with subtle, warm undertones paired with a mostly matte finish (there was faint gold sparkle that didn’t really show up once applied). The texture was soft, somewhat powdery, and on the thinner side, so it was more prone to adhering strongly–and not blending out as well–if applied over bare skin or unset foundation.
It had rich color coverage, which may be an upside for some, but the blush formula was intended to be buildable, and it took some care to get that result. The color showed signs of fading after eight hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Whistle While You Werk (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flush (P, $60.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Whimsy (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Tarte Flush (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Damage Control (Blush) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Surreal (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Burberry First Love (LE, $68.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Temper (-, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Pop (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Pink (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. – $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on “smoothly” and have a “natural and healthy flush” that has “long wear” and “can be layered to your desired intensity.” It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one’s skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, magnesium stearate, zinc stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, synthetic fluorphlogopite, distarch phosphate , ethylhexyl palmitate , hydrolyzed theobroma cacao seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate , tin oxide, quercetin, bismuth oxychloride, (ci 77163), iron oxides, (ci 77492), mica, (ci 77019), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), red 7 lake (ci 15850), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.