Brun Rouge (604)
Chanel Brun Rouge (604) Joues Contraste Blush ($45.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a medium-dark, reddish brown with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium, buildable color coverage–which is as intended–that applied somewhat evenly to bare skin but was best applied over set foundation as it was a thinner, stiffer formula, which made it harder to diffuse and spread out over bare skin (or skin with any moisture or oil on it).
For my first time using it, which is as above, I ended up using a clean buffer brush to diffuse and get it into place. Following that application, I used a lighter, less-dense brush and had better results with less effort, but it was significantly better and much easier to work with over set foundation. It lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Bubbles (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC See Me Blush (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Contrachroma (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coastal Drive (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Mellow Wine (P, $2.99) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Lumieres de Kyoto (LE, $70.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose Latte (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Intense (P, $40.00) is more shimmery, more muted, cooler (85% similar).
- ILIA Stutter (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, glossier (85% similar).
- Milani Berry Rays #2 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$45.00/0.17 oz. – $264.71 Per Ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering radiance” and “silky texture.” The pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to fully opaque, depending on technique and skin tone, but it seemed exactly as described–buildable–without having to pile it on or spend too long sheering it out. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends out beautifully on the skin. Most shades wear around eight hours on me.
The formula is rose-scented but the scent was largely undetectable applied (but noticeable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.
TALC | CELLULOSE | SILICA | BORON NITRIDE | STEARYL/PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE | SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE | RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL | MAGNESIUM STEARATE | PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE | CAPRYLYL GLYCOL | ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE | POTASSIUM SORBATE | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL | CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) | CHLORPHENESIN | TOCOPHERYL ACETATE | [+ / – (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 12085 (RED 36) | CI 15850 (RED 6) | CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE) | CI 15880 (RED 34) | CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE) | CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) | CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) | CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) | CI 45380 (RED 22 LAKE) | CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) | CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) | CI 75470 (CARMINE) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) | CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL47A-I
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.